Monday, June 29, 2015

Spilling the Beans on My-Sister-the-Writer

It's my turn to join the Virtual Book Tour!

Galaxy Nomads: 
Chronicles of the MacKenzie Clan



And since it's my blog I get to choose the format. Today I'm going to reminisce a little about myself and my sister.

When we were kids, she was The Peacemaker and I was The Big Mouth. She was The Sweet One, and I was The Hard Head. And yeah, I took advantage of that, I can now admit. 

Most of growing up we were stuck sharing a bedroom. One time we had a big tiff, and I angrily stuck masking tape down the middle of the room, and DARED her to cross to my side! Yeah, I was A Snot.

Thankfully, we have both grown up, and I can see her wonderful qualities now. And I can't begin to tell you how proud of her I am. I knew she was creative, being an amazing musician. But what I did NOT know was how creative she had become at universe building. Characters, worlds, emotions and adventures, using the written word as her creative medium.

She knows I tend to be hard headed and opinionated, even now. 

So here's the inside scoop: to this day she still holds her breath to see what I've written when I do a book review for her, because she knows I'll cover it all, the good, the bad and the ugly.

That's why I was DELIGHTED when I wrote my review for Galaxy Nomads (that review can be found Here).  This is truly her best work yet. Honestly, really, truly, pinky-swear. Take it from the hard-headed older sister about My-Sister-the-Writer, Karen Elizabeth Brown.

Jet on over to either Amazon or Smashwords to get your Kindle copy of Galaxy Nomads...  you won't be sorry.

Links here:


And if you need the free Kindle app from Amazon, it's right HERE (it's what I use, and it works fine). 



Happy summer reading!


Retta

4 comments:

  1. Yay for Karen! It's on my Kindle to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Mary. It was a fun read, hope you enjoy it too.

      Delete
  2. Wow, Retta! I'd forgotten about the masking tape down the middle of the room AND how I shivered at crossing it. But now I can smile and laugh as I remember those times. Thank you so much for the kind words and for being a tough mentor. Also, for a great book cover! (Love those old time photos!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that masking tape story is a classic! I can laugh about it now, but it sure was "serious" business back in the day, ha ha.

      Delete